almost 30 years the half of the city was walled in, a unique situation in the history.
We go on tracing, beginning at Brandenburg gate - the absolut symbol of seperation and reunification, continue with the so called "goastdistance" to the "palace of tears" - a famous checkpoint in the past -
continue to one of the "goaststations" to the wall time, to Nordbahnhof. From here to Bernauer Straße along the original wall to the so called "deathstripe", to overcome was only possible under risk of death. The Bernauer Straße was known for spectacular escapes out of the windows and through escape tunnels
In the chapel of reconsiliation we learn in a short service something of one of the 138 victims of the wall we count only in Berlin.
The end is in Dokumentationcenter. Foto- Print- and Filmmaterial will round off what you've seen before.
Duration: 2,5 h. - you need a ticket for the public transport - to choice an to buy we can help you -
Impressum: Georg Schäfer, Staehleweg 33, 13465 Berlin Str.Nr. 17 / 506 / 64361
- Brandenburger Tor Berlin
- Gedenkstätte Bernauer Straße
1. Start 10.30 a.m. at Brandenburg gate: The guide you will recognize with the folder "The divided Berlin and the victims of the wall" BERLINDIVIDUAL-TOURS and is to reach via mobil: 0177 341 07 33
2. short trip by S-bahn (city train) to the so called "palace of tears"- visit -
3. continue to "goaststation" Nordbahnhof
4. by foot along the original wall in Bernauer Straße to the so called "deathstripe"
5. if possible, visiting the chapell of reconsiliation to learn the story of one of the victims of the wall, written in a so called "deathbook"
6. continue on the border controll line to the sites of spectacular escapes.
7. the end is in dokumentationcenter -